From the rising of the sun to its setting, my name is great among the nations …
— Malachi 1:11 (NRSV)
To acknowledge that Christ is the Lord and Proclaim His Word throughout the whole city as a testimony to all the nations, For His Glory.
We seek to be: multi-cultural, contemporary, contagious, equipping and unified.
We seek first of all to be known as a community who worships Jesus Christ. Through the education and spiritual development of all our people, we seek to grow in him and to grow together in love and grace. As we know Jesus, we seek to make him known in our neighbourhood. We do this through hospitality, programmes in and around our community, and personal witness.
Highrise is the multicultural English-speaking congregation of Auckland Chinese Presbyterian Church, which has existed in central Auckland for almost 100 years.
1904: The Presbyterian Church of Aotearoa NZ (as it now known) begins Auckland Chinese Mission
1923: William Mawson establishes the Auckland Chinese Presbyterian Church at 43 Cook Street
1924: Manse purchased at 105 Vincent Street
1957: New church at 105 Vincent St dedicated on 30 November
2019: New church building purchased at 25 Union St
2022: Settling into the new church building and seizing new opportunities!
• Worship: Grow our passion for worship and musicianship
• Prayer: Encourage more participation in prayer as the foundation of all we do
• Preaching: Help people to be captivated by the gospel and desire to explore God’s Word more for themselves
• Pastoral Care: Connect well with newcomers, support those who need it and encourage “one another” ministry
• Small Groups: Encourage existing leaders and develop new leaders to build our members in spiritual maturity
• Discipleship: Develop disciples who love and share Jesus as a way of life
• Youth Ministry: Grow our young people as disciples of Christ, connect them to the vision of the church, help them discover and nurture their gifts and leadership potential
• Children’s Ministry: Introduce our children to the Christian faith and lay the foundation for discipleship and support parents in their role as primary spiritual nurturers
• Fund-raising: Raise another $250K towards Union St
• Mission: Develop our personal and church-wide outreach
• International: Promote missions vision and partnerships